San Fernando Valley
Old Hotel The old Hotel Del Rey in San Fernando was built in 1888. "A San Fernando group proposed [in 1962] that part of the city's business district should be remodeled into a turn-of-the-century main street as a tourist attraction. Under the plan, Maclay street between First and Second streets would be blocked off and turned into a 'Heritage Lane' with two renovated 50-year-old hotels as top attractions." Photos courtesy of the Los Angeles Public LibraryDel Rey in San Fernando Ca
Photo caption reads, "Acres of parking space available at new North Hills Shopping Center, Devonshire Street and Balboa Boulevard." Photo Credit: Valley Times - Sept. 30, 1960.North Hills was originally an agricultural community known as Mission Acres. After World War II, the newly developed suburban community was renamed Sepulveda until the 1990s.