Curly wavy hair routine, hair tips, hair styling tutorial, natural curls & waves starting from roots
Published on March 9, 2022
Need help making your curl pattern start at your roots?
💡Here's some things you can try!
Scrunch all the way to the roots
- •Move your head around - side to side and upside down while styling and drying to prevent your hair from sticking to your scalp
- •Try scrunching directly from your roots (be extra gentle cause it can create halo frizz)
- •After styling, try squeezing your hair out of the excess water with a microfiber towel or cotton t-shirt (Microplopping) so it doesn't get weighed down
- •Try diffusing if you don't already - dry roots first, then diffuse upwards all the way to the roots
- •Use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of potential build up causing your roots to flatten
- •Have you tried finger coiling, finger rolling, or brush coiling? It helps to form your curl pattern
- •Have you tried incorporating more protein or bond builders on your routine? It can also help your curl pattern form if the problem is because of some type of damage
💗 But you know what..
If you feel like you’ve tried everything and nothing works - Maybe that's just how your hair pattern is! It doesn't always start at the roots and it doesn't have to! My hair is the same - mine even curls different ways. Don't be too critical on your hair 💓
Save and this for future reference! ✨