Utforsk disse og flere idéer!

St. Lawrence's Church and bell tower in Vantaa, Finland. Photo Jisis

St. Lawrence's Church and bell tower in Vantaa, Finland. Photo Jisis

ari.eriksson - Church of Kemi Finland

ari.eriksson - Church of Kemi Finland

Tower of the Town Church in Kajaani, Finland

Tower of the Town Church in Kajaani, Finland

Helsinki, Finland is a beautiful city. Most of the attractions are within walking distance.

Helsinki, Finland is a beautiful city. Most of the attractions are within walking distance.

St. John's Church in Helsinki is a Lutheran church designed by the Swedish architect Adolf Melander in the Gothic Revival style. It is the largest stone church in Finland by seating capacity. Built between 1888 and 1891, the twin towers are 74 metres in height, and the church seats 2,600 people and has excellent acoustics, and it is therefore used for big concerts and events as well as services.

St. John's Church in Helsinki is a Lutheran church designed by the Swedish architect Adolf Melander in the Gothic Revival style. It is the largest stone church in Finland by seating capacity. Built between 1888 and 1891, the twin towers are 74 metres in height, and the church seats 2,600 people and has excellent acoustics, and it is therefore used for big concerts and events as well as services.

Sauvon kirkko tapuleineen. Kuva: MV/RHO Minna Ryyppö 2007

Sauvon kirkko tapuleineen. Kuva: MV/RHO Minna Ryyppö 2007

Saltvikin kirkko The oldest parts of St. Mary's Church were built in 1280-1300 to replace an earlier wooden church. It is oblong in shape, and has been enlarged and remodeled in the 1370s. The tower was added in around 1380, and the Baroque-style spire was built in the middle of the 18th century. The pulpit is from 1832, and the altarpiece was painted by R.W. Ekman in 1862. The painting representing St. George and a dragon is from 1659.

Saltvikin kirkko The oldest parts of St. Mary's Church were built in 1280-1300 to replace an earlier wooden church. It is oblong in shape, and has been enlarged and remodeled in the 1370s. The tower was added in around 1380, and the Baroque-style spire was built in the middle of the 18th century. The pulpit is from 1832, and the altarpiece was painted by R.W. Ekman in 1862. The painting representing St. George and a dragon is from 1659.

Espoon tuomiokirkko

Espoon tuomiokirkko

The church in Irjanne village is the oldest wooden church in Satakunta county. It was built in 1731 to replace the older medieval church. The bell tower wad erected in 1758. Old cemetery and church park surround the church.

The church in Irjanne village is the oldest wooden church in Satakunta county. It was built in 1731 to replace the older medieval church. The bell tower wad erected in 1758. Old cemetery and church park surround the church.

The Petäjävesi Old Church is a wooden church located in Petäjävesi, Finland. It was built between 1763 and 1765. The bell tower was built in 1821. It was inscribed in 1994 on the UNESCO World Heritage List.  (C) Markus Hovikoski / Mac's Photography  Petäjävesi, Finland

The Petäjävesi Old Church is a wooden church located in Petäjävesi, Finland. It was built between 1763 and 1765. The bell tower was built in 1821. It was inscribed in 1994 on the UNESCO World Heritage List. (C) Markus Hovikoski / Mac's Photography Petäjävesi, Finland

Pinterest
Søk