Spicy Eggplant & Miso Tahini Sauce
Spicy Eggplant & Miso Tahini Sauce 👌🏻❤️ I topped it with a bunch of herbs & it was delicious.
• 2 medium eggplants (sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds and scored).
• 1.5 tbsp aleppo pepper.
• 1.5 tsp brown sugar.
• 1.5 tbsp smoked paprika.
• 1 tsp seasoned salt (Pegs).
• 1/4 cup olive oil (more for topping & frying them in).
• Pomegranate seeds.
• Dill, chives & parsley to taste.
•2 tbsp walnuts.
Miso Tahini Sauce:
• 3 tbsp tahini (or 2 tbsp tahini & 1 tbsp peanut butter).
• 1 tbsp miso.
• 1.5 tsp rice vinegar.
• 1.5 tsp maple syrup.
•water to get to desired consistency (2-3 tbsp).
• 1.- mix the aleppo pepper, paprika, brown sugar, seasoned salt & olive oil and brush it on the eggplant slices.
• 2.- preheat a cast iron for 5 min on medium high. Add a bit of olive oil, once it is shimmering add the eggplant and cook for 3-5 min until golden and flip, cook for 1 min, make sure they don’t burn. Might need to fry them in 2 batches.
• 3.- mix everything for the sauce.
• 4.- add the sauce on top of the eggplant, top it with herbs, pom seeds, walnuts, black pepper and more salt if needed.