ICELAND - Kópavogskirkja is a modernist church in Kópavogur, the second-largest town in Iceland (pop. 30,000). The church is located on Borgarholt hill and provides a nice view over Kópavogur, Reykjavík and the surrounding area. Construction work on the church began in 1958 and it was opened on December 16, 1963. Its architecture is unusual, consisting essentially of the cross-section of two wide arches. Its profile is prominent in the Kópavogur town seal.