Garmo stave church, Lillehammer, Norway. Built c. 1150 on the site of a previous church thought to have been built in 1021 by a Viking chieftain. The church consists of 17th- and 18th-century inventory. In 1730, it was expanded into a cruciform church. After the new parish church was built in 1879, the stave church was demolished and the materials sold at auction. In 1882, the church was sold to Anders Sandvig, who brought it disassembled to Lillehammer, where it was re-erected in 1920-1921.