Josaphat Catholic Church viewed from heading south with the Renaissance Center behind it in Detroit, MI.
6. Photocopy of Photograph, 1908 (original in the collections of Manning Brothers Commercial Photographers, Madison Heights, Michigan). VIEW SOUTHEAST, NORTHWEST FRONT OF SECOND WILLIAMS BLOCK (HOTEL FOWLER) ON RIGHT AND FIRST WILLIAMS BLOCK (LEFT) - 16-30 Monroe Avenue (Commercial Building), Detroit, MI
Detroit, Michigan, circa “City Hall and Campus Martius.” To the left, the Soldiers and Sailors Monument; rising to the right is one of the city’s “moonlight tower” carbon-arc lamps. Palm trees and bananas strike a tropical note.